Hughes Road Rehabilitation Project
Client: City of Houston
Location: Houston, Texas
OTHON was selected by the City of Houston to provide preliminary design, final design and construction administration services for the rehabilitation of approximately 2 miles of Hughes Road from Beltway 8 to the City Limits. Hughes Road is an existing four lane boulevard section roadway located in southeast Houston that is in need of reconstruction due to poor pavement condition and undersized utilities within the roadway.
OTHON coordinated the proposed improvements with private utility companies to identify known utilities within the right of way. The project included the preparation of construction cost estimates at each project milestone.
OTHON coordinated the design, permitting, and construction of the project with the various local governmental entities having jurisdiction over the project. The proposed designs comply with the City of Houston Infrastructure Design Manual (IDM) criteria and standards.
- Roadway design
- Drainage analysis including design for the 2-year event (storm sewer conveyance) and the 100-year event
- Overland sheet flow analysis for the extreme event
- Design of approximately 13,000 feet of 16-inch water line
- Preparation of a hydrologic/hydraulic impact analysis report for the water line aerial crossing of Channel A120-00-00
- Structural design of the pipe bridge aerial crossing of Channel A120-00-00
- Design of the replacement of approximately 13,000 feet of 12-inch and 21-inch sanitary sewer
- Subsurface geotechnical investigation
- Phase I and Phase II environmental site assessments
- Intersection design, signing and striping design, signalization design, street lighting, temporary traffic signals, traffic control, and tree protection plans