Send resume to email@example.com or 11111 Wilcrest Green Dr., Ste 128, Houston, TX 77042 Attn: Sharon Nelson
OTHON, Inc.,Consulting Engineers is a civil engineering firm with a focus on transportation. We are seeking a creative Technical Writer who will work with marketing and engineering staff on planning and writing content for both internal and external audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write content for response to solicitations including requests for information, requests for proposals, and statements of qualifications, coordinating with others to ensure content details are correct and complete.
- Responsible for coordinating deliverables/deadlines with clients and consultants throughout all phases of a project.
- Coordinate and produce responses to submittals, including research, writing, format and page layout.
- Proofread, edit and provide quality reviews of proposals and other collateral materials.
- Write and/or edit project descriptions in coordination with technical and marketing staff.
- Assist in quality control and review of statement of qualifications and proposals.
- Assist in maintaining website content.
- Organize and schedule tasks to meet proposal deadlines.
- Assist in developing/maintaining project information, employee resumes, experience lists and client lists into the Cosential database (customer relationship management and proposal software).
- Maintain records and files
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of civil engineering industry with focus on transportation is preferred.
- Project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a wide-variety of staff levels from senior executives to administrative staff.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, including ability to create documents that are clear, concise and easy to understand.
- Ability to manage multiple diverse projects simultaneously, adhering to deadlines.
- Team player willing to contribute and support overall efforts of the company.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Working knowledge of personal computers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Adobe (Acrobat).
Minimum Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, business, marketing, communications or related field.
- Minimum two years professional experience where written and verbal communications were key responsibilities.