Water and Wastewater Services
Client: City of George West
Location: George West, Texas
- Sanitary Sewer Evaluation Study
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion & Upgrade
- Design and construction of a new 0.45-mgd wastewater pump station and over 15,000 lf of 6- to 10-inch sanitary sewer. Engineering services included traffic control plans, analysis of alternatives, tunneling design, and construction cost estimates
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Discharge Permit Renewals
- Section 210 Water Reuse Authorization
- New 0.6-mgd water plant featuring water well, hydropneumatic tank, ground storage tanks, booster pumps, reverse osmosis treatment skid, and related appurtenances
- Secondary Reverse Osmosis Treatment for Water Treatment Plant No. 4 (Two Phases)
- New Groundwater Storage Tank for WW No. 3
Tank Rehabilitation at WW No. 3
- Water Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA) System
OTHON served in the role as the City Engineer for the City of George West. Initially, OTHON was selected by the City to assist with developing various infrastructure needs under grants obtained from the United States Economic Development Agency and Texas Department of Housing and Urban Development. Much of the City’s records were inaccurate and out-of-date, requiring extensive field reconnaissance to verify existing field conditions. OTHON also assisted George West with a series of successful federal and state grant applications contributing to over $4 million of water and wastewater improvements throughout the city. Working closely with City office and field personnel to maximize effort, many projects have been completed on “fast-track” schedules with limited funding.
Services provided included project scoping and management, design, subconsultant coordination, cost estimating, scheduling, permit coordination, and construction phase services.