OTHON, Inc. is a civil, transportation infrastructure, and construction management firm. We offer design and engineering services for various transportation agencies around the state. We are seeking a candidate for an Engineer-In-Training (EIT) position in our Houston, Texas office.
An EIT assists Task Leaders, Project Engineers and Senior Engineers in the development of design and engineering plans for various types of projects and clients. An EIT exercises judgment and engineering skills through their evaluation, analysis and design of various project components under the supervision of a licensed professional engineer. This position requires self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team in order to work toward common goals in serving our clients.
This position may include providing engineering services for the following types and areas of design:
- Toll Facilities
- Intersection Improvements
- Pedestrian Facilities
- Pavement Markings
- Erosion Control
- Traffic Control
- Retaining Walls
Additional responsibilities may also include cross-training for assisting in the following areas of design:
- Traffic Signals
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
An EIT conceptualizes the initial civil design approach and assists in implementing detailed design through the overall project development process, resolves a variety of complex problems, and reviews plans and prepares technical specifications, contract documents and cost estimates.
Minimum Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- EIT certification
- 1-4 years of experience in the field of Civil Engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microstation and Geopak.
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in Open Roads Designer (ORD)