Proposal Manager/Senior Marketing Coordinator
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or 11111 Wilcrest Green Dr., Ste 128, Houston, TX 77042 Attn: Sharon Nelson
Under broad direction, provides leadership to multiple proposal efforts, preparing proposal outline in accordance with the procurement practices and requirements. Coordinates with Pursuit Manager/Project Manager to ensure proposal properly incorporates intended win strategies and themes. The Proposal Manager possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures to complex proposals and proposal team coordination.
This position requires self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team in order to work toward common goals in serving our clients. This position requires:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience managing proposals
- Ability to work in fast-paced, self-motivated environment, and meet deadlines
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude
- Strength in Adobe InDesign, Publisher, MSWord, and Excel
Additional responsibilities include:
- Identify, Evaluate and Analyze RFPs
- Leads and facilitates kickoff, brainstorm/ strategy, and review meetings, in addition to storyboarding, outlining, writing, and editing proposals, project descriptions, and resumes
- Develops/Revises proposal sections consistent with RFP requirements and outlines and incorporates input/comments from team members
- Compliance/Requirements Analysis against RFP
- Contacts Subconsultants for information and ensures they meet requirements
- Complete required governmental forms such as the Standard Form 330
- Manage and supervise marketing staff
- Coordinates proposal staffing, determines/assigns priorities, responsibilities, objectives, and schedules to proposal team members
- Chairing information status, review meetings and marketing meetings
- Participates in pursuit strategy sessions to develop ‘win’ themes, strategies, and discriminators
- Completes Technical Writing
- Assists in preparing marketing collateral, press releases, and speeches
- Performs Quality Assurance
- Writes Management Plan, Resumes and develops executive summaries, project approaches, and letters of interests
- Coordinates and designs Graphics
- Maintains relationships with numerous design engineering and other large civil construction partner companies
- Attend marketing/business development functions including lunch meetings with organizations/clients
- Assists in Public Relations work and in obtaining new work
- Overseeing the maintenance and updating of the OTHON website content
- Manage social media campaign and special projects websites
- Direct the marketing and business development activities of marketing team.
- Oversee implementation and maintenance of marketing database including Cosential database (customer relationship management and proposal software).
- Identify opportunities for staff to write for publications and to present at conferences and events.
- Manage and apply for firm certifications including TxDOT precertifications, DBE and MBE certifications.
- Manage project portfolio upkeep, SOQ templates, submittal templates, project photography and videos, events, and conventions.
- Ensure all project materials are up-to-date.
- Other marketing and business development tasks, as required
Minimum Skills and Experience
- College degree is required – BA in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or related field/discipline.
- Five years of experience in management of proposal process.
- Five years professional experience where written and oral communications were key responsibilities is also required.
- Background in civil engineering design industry is strongly preferred.
- Experience in graphics design is required.
Primary Location and Schedule
- Houston, TX
- Full Time